Cambridge began weaving wire cloth on Maryland’s Eastern Shore in 1911. That year, New York based Estey Wire Works opened a facility in Cambridge Maryland and laid the foundation for innovation that thrives today. In 1915, the plant superintendent Edward Pink, purchased the facility and renamed it Cambridge Wire Cloth (CWC). One of his first customers was Thomas Edison who used Cambridge mesh in his chemical factory. By the 1920s, we began making a woven wire belt for high temperature ovens still in production today. Over time, a community of talented craftsmen grew, leading Ronald Daringer and George Messick to launch Maryland Wire Belts (MWB) in nearby Church Creek. The two companies merged in 1998, becoming Cambridge International, the world’s largest manufacturer of metal conveyor belts.