Standard Filter Leaves
- Quality filter cloth
- Precision fit frames – riveted, welded or bolted
- Proper cloth tension
- Extra-heavy support or drainage screens
- Machined outlets
- Capable of special requirements
- Ultrafine cloth available
Our standard-construction filter leaves provide consistent, continuous, high-quality filtrate, representing an especially good value to our customers. We combine high quality materials, components and design to achieve high performance at the minimum cost.
Filter Cloth is often calendered to provide a smoother surface or greater density. Calendering also allows better filter cake release and improves resistance to scraping. It can also be supplied in standard rolls or cut in pieces of any size or shape. Special weaves can be developed to meet specific application requirements. Additionally, a complete line of ultrafine meshes down to a 5.0 micron opening is available.
- Tubular frame riveted
- Heavy-duty tubular frame riveted
- T-Bar frame with capping channel
Good filter leaf design requires careful selection of each component to meet the requirements of the filtering operation and the product involved. The four basic components of all filter leaves are:
- Filter cloth – Selection of filter cloth is determined by the nature and content of the pre-filtrate as well as the filter design. In all cases the filter cloth should provide: (1) Good flow characteristics with minimum pressure drop; (2) The ability to acquire and hold an even filter aid coating with no plugging or bleeding; and (3) Easy filter aid removal characteristics with sufficient strength to resist damage from backwash pressures or scraping.
- Drainage or support screen – Proper specification selection is based on providing adequate support for the filter cloth, without restricting flow of liquid to the outlet. Support is usually a heavy wire mesh, but can also be provided by perforated metal or a slit tubular sheet. The most popular drainage or support screens are 4" x 4" mesh of .063" or .080" diameter wire, and 1" x 1" mesh of .177" diameter wire.
- Frame – Selected to assure a firm, taut filter cloth and to prevent edge leakage while providing overall strength and rigidity to the leaf. Usually secured by welding, bolting or riveting, depending on application requirements.
- Outlet – Various types to adapt to any manifold available to give maximum flow rates and support for the leaf.
- Additional intermediate screens can be used, depending on the type of leaf or product being filtered.
Cambridge metallic filter cloth specifications are available from stock in Type 304 and Type 316 stainless steel. Many other alloys are available from stock or by special order.